Marie Kondo’s approach to decluttering and minimalism emphasizes the importance of surrounding ourselves with items that bring us joy and align with our present selves. These Marie Kondo quotes capture the essence of her philosophy and can serve as inspiration on your decluttering journey.
Here are some quotes by Marie Kondo, the renowned decluttering and minimalism expert, known for her KonMari method:
- “The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.”
- “The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.”
- “Keep only those things that speak to your heart. Then take the plunge and discard all the rest.”
- “When you put your house in order, you put your affairs and your past in order, too.”
- “The best way to choose what to keep and what to throw away is to take each item in one’s hand and ask: ‘Does this spark joy?’ If it does, keep it. If it does not, dispose of it.”
- “Tidying is the act of confronting yourself; cleaning is the act of confronting nature.”
- “The process of assessing how you feel about the things you own, identifying those that have fulfilled their purpose, expressing your gratitude, and bidding them farewell, is really about examining your inner self, a rite of passage to a new life.”
- “The act of folding is far more than making clothes compact for storage. It is an act of caring, an expression of love and appreciation for the way these clothes support your lifestyle.”
- “To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those that have outlived their purpose.”
- “For a truly happy life, we might want to consider disposing of a lot more things.”
You might also like 60+ Decluttering Quotes.